Wednesday 25 March 2009

Daddy Lessons, Part I

This evening I decided to test my hubby's know how on what our lives will be like when baby arrives. I was fairly certain that I had debriefed him thoroughly on the first few weeks with our little crying/pooping machine. 

Man, was I wrong.

Our conversation went a little somethin' like this:

Me: (reading from a magazine) "When baby is born she will spend about 16 hours per day sleeping, split roughly 50/50 between day and night, punctuated with feeds about every two hours."

Him: What? (in a very cute Dorset accent, I must admit)

Me: Well what did you think would happen? We would feed and hang out with baby during the day and sleep at night?

Him: No, I thought she would cry at night but we would just give her a little cuddle and she would go back to sleep.

Me: (burst out laughing)

Him: Whot? (Dorset accent)

Me: (still laughing and unable to speak)

Him: You have to feed the baby every two hours? Even at night?

Me: YES. And it's very exhausting. We have to wake up constantly at night to feed/change/attend to baby.

Him: But...

After this enlightening conversation I shoved an article in his face titled, "I'm desperate for a good night's sleep" and told him to read it silently to himself.

The End

No comments: