Monday 28 June 2010

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

After much contemplation regarding the name between Emily, Bunny and I, here is the new blog! I’ve dedicated myself to documenting the wonderful (and hopefully successful!) experience of raising my girls bilingually, using the OPOL method. For those of you who aren’t familiar OPOL is an approach to teaching your children a second language (or third)(or fourth), where one parent speaks the target language to the children (in this case Spanish) and the other speaks the native language (English). “One Parent One Language”, hence the acronym “OPOL”.

Whilst on a country walk in beautiful Cornwall on a sunny, Sunday afternoon, Emily, Bunny and I brainstormed the following names for the new blog:

Cheekychicas

Languagelearners

Childrenofchorizo (“chorizo” means “sausage” in Spanish)(I think Emily may have been hungry)

Dadadada (compliments of Leyla)

Chinesechorizo (at which point I decided it was time to stop and give Emily a snack)

Multilanguagemama

Bababababa (another hungry child)

Unfortunately, the title of the new blog still has not been decided. I really like “cheekychicas” but, some cheeky chica, somewhere in the world, has cleverly thought of this already and is using it with blogger and wordpress. I’m sort of warming up to “childrenofchorizo” (for it’s comical value) but would like to brainstorm some more. Consequently, this blog is UNDER CONSTRUCTION until a new name is decided. However, I will continue to blog, until I leave for America with the girls in two weeks, where my parents still live in the dark ages and do not have the internet, and than I’ll have to wing it…somehow!

Estamos en contacto…

No comments: