Friday 29 August 2008

Another Unexpected, Early Closure

I FINALLY motivate my lazy, fat ass to get to the gym and drag Emi (to boot) when low and behold upon arrival the navy squid says to me"we're closing". As I stared at him bewildered a head popped out of the reception window which said "we close at 5pm on Fridays". WHAT THE HELL??????? I"m not even going to go into how utterly ridiculous that is. Oh I get it, all of the squids are at the BAR come Friday afternoon.

We went into town for our daily jaunt as Europeans earlier today. I firmly told EMily, "We need prioritize this trip. Unlike last time, we will complete the most important tasks first and than the remaining in order of importance. We will do this in order to avoid an important shop closing before our frequenting it (remember what happened when the butcher closed at 1pm on wed and we came home without any meat for dinner?)". Ten minutes later i'm frantically rifling through the "40-50% off" purse basket in the surf shop when Emily reminds me, "Mom! You said we have to do things in order of importance!" 

Although it BROKE my heart to put down the 12pound bag i had in my hand, since i'm a mature adult I did so and we left the shop and headed to the post office. Where we waited on line for 20 mins and I almost had a coronary.

Upon leaving the Post Office, we passed a goodwill-type store where a "everything on this rack is 2pounds" rack stood in front of the store on the sidewalk. Two pounds!! How could I pass up not one but TWO fleeces for two pounds each???? Now i have an eggplant colored fleece AND a brown one. AND I found a cute pair of brown boots with heels for...you guessed it...TWO pounds! I also found an ADORABLE long, black sweater for...TEN pounds. Now that I think about it I don't think all of that was such a bargain for $32. In pounds it sounds a lot better but than i have to remember to DOUBLE that number...oh well. Tomorrow is a new day and the gym closes at 1pm (????).

No comments: